Geez, I still can’t believe Shane gave me the password to this blog……he’s sure in for some surprises….sucker!
- CommanderInChief.com – Sold recently for $4,800 at GoDaddy, vs $3,800 last year. Forwards to TheAmerican.net, an opinionated political site run by an individual who has filed a lawsuit opposing Obamacare.
- AdvancedScience.com – Sold recently for $4,500 at Sedo, vs $1,800 last year at Afternic.
- SnapAds.com – Sold recently for $2,888 at GoDaddy, vs $1,000 in 2008 at Sedo.
- MaternityScrubs.com – Sold recently for $15,250 at Domain Name Sales, vs only $742 last year at GoDaddy. 20x return before commissions. The domain forwards to the developed UnitedScrubs.com, and a screenshot is linked below. The owner likes their geo scrubs domains, including PortlandScrubs.com and BostonScrubs.com, and the international ItalyScrubs.com and AustralianScrubs.com.
- Egnite.com – Sold recently for $3,000 at Domain Name Sales, vs only $122 last year at GoDaddy. 25x return before commissions. Egnyte, a company whose name doesn’t pass the radio test, acquired this alternate spelling. The company recently closed a $29.5 million round of financing…..this domain acquisition was a drop in the bucket.
- IranianDating.com – Sold recently for $2,500 at Sedo, vs $2,600 last year at GoDaddy. Factor in commissions, and you’ve got nearly a 20% loss. A placeholder site is live, but per Screenshots.com, a similar site has been live for the past 5+ years.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.