- CapitalMind.com – Sold recently for $3,500 at Domain Name Sales, vs $217 last year at GoDaddy. A screenshot of their simple placeholder is below. Their Amsterdam office has a website at BlueMind.nl, and their Paris office has a website at Capital-Partner.com, so perhaps a rebrand is in the works.
- 3ET.com – Sold recently for $15,708 at Sedo, vs $409 in 2008 at Sedo. A nice 30x return after commission. My guess is that a gambling site is on the way, as the owner is listed as “Eurasia Sports Limited”, and they have a gambling license.
- BlackOrange.com – Sold recently for $4,000 at Sedo, vs $1,850 in 2011 at Sedo.
- LightGallery.com – Sold recently for $2,000 at Domain Name Sales, vs $777 last year at NameJet. Seems to have been acquired by multi-billion dollar market cap Philips, and the domain forwards to the ‘light gallery’ page of their website. Appears to be the name of their consumer lighting store.
- QuietCare.com – Sold recently for $2,500 at GoDaddy, vs $5,000 in 2011 at Sedo. Add in commissions, and you’re looking at nearly a 60% loss.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.