Not to be outdone by Shane, who ran a half marathon and 5k last weekend, I’m doing a trail run today, so this article is being auto-posted. Today’s run (with lots of hiking mixed in) is in Buena Vista, Colorado, and I’m looking forward to 5 – 10 hours of beautiful scenery — the timing depends upon whether I choose the 1 loop or 2 loop option. Each loop = 25 miles through the mountains.
- MobileContext.com – Sold recently for $2,000 at Domain Name Sales, vs $260 in 2012 at NameJet. Acquired by technology company Syniverse. “Consumers want brand engagement in context to their usage patterns, and they want it now. Syniverse is leading the way forward in this new age of “mobile context” by bridging the evolving ecosystem where companies and mobile operators are converging.“
- MattressesForLess.com – Sold recently for $4,200 at GoDaddy, vs $176 last year at GoDaddy. A nice 20x after commissions.
- Buvo.com – Sold recently for $2,710 at NameJet, vs $1,800 in 2008 at Afternic.
- Puris.com – Sold recently for $3,000 at GoDaddy, vs $1,515 last year at GoDaddy.
- Kendu.com – Sold recently for $2,400 at Domain Name Sales, vs $404 in 2012 at NameJet. An upgrade from the .net and a screenshot is below. “Kendu’s main motto is to help visual merchandiser and marketing managers maintain alive each point of sale. That is why Kendu has specialized in manufacturing, printing and managing all the display systems and visual images of different retail store chains.”
- Baguette.com – Sold recently for $8,970 at Sedo, vs $11,000 in 2010 at Afternic. Over a $3k loss after commissions. The new owner is trying to flip the name at Flippa, and bidding closes today. When I last checked, the minimum bid was $10,000 and there were no bids yet.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.