- LocalSpot.com – sold recently for $7,250 at Indus Domains, vs only $638 two months ago at NameJet. A tidy $6,600 profit before commissions in a short timeframe. An acquisition by smart guy currently enrolled at Georgetown.
- DNShow.com – sold recently for $2,499 at GenericDomainMarket.com, vs only $130 in March of this year at GoDaddy. Nearly 20x before commissions in less than 6 months. Domain Name Show?
- SVJ.com – sold recently for $10,000 at Sedo, vs $500 in 2008 at Afternic. Damn, an LLL.com for $500. Those were the days……..
- Cloud.be – sold recently for $11,698 at Sedo, vs $1,500 in 2011 at Sedo. Forwards to Cloud.de. The buyer likes their premium domain names…..per their linkedin profile, “cloud world offers a truly global, unique and highly innovative cloud marketplace for cloud based informations at the premium domains cloud.de, cloud.ch and cloud.at.” Looks like they get to add another domain to their list….the .be.
- Oar.com – sold recently for $28,500 at Flippa, vs $69,000 on the same platform last year. Lot of value lost in 18 months. Overpaying on the buying end, plus needing to sell on the other end = bad outcome. One commenter said in last week’s Flippa recap that it must be the platform’s fault, but that’s certainly not the case — the domain was marketed heavily in a private domain newsletter, and it was also listed on NameJet without selling.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.