- SteamEngine.com – Sold recently for $38,000 at GoDaddy, vs $5,650 in February of this year at GoDaddy. A nice $25k+ profit in under 6 months. Acquired by the folks behind SUPERNAP.com, “THE RECOGNIZED WORLD LEADER IN DATA CENTER ECOSYSTEM DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND MISSION CRITICAL OPERATIONS.” No site is live.
- Nearing.com – Sold recently at Flippa for $7,150, vs $1,348 in April of this year at GoDaddy. A nice quick flip with around $5k of profit after commission.
- BO3.com – Sold recently for $2,199 at Sedo, vs $414 in 2008 at Sedo. LLN. The buyer has a simple for-sale lander below, which I’ve seen on a couple other CCC domains recently. The acquisition price seems pretty high for a reseller. Owned by an individual in China.
- Kemaltanca.com – Sold recently for $5,000 at GoDaddy, vs $600 in 2012. Several Turkish-language sites exist with ‘Kemal Tanca’ in the domain…..most of which relate to fashion / clothing. Google Translate doesn’t give me a good translation, and my Turkish is a little rusty.
- ContinentalLifeInsurance.com – Sold recently for $2,600 at GoDaddy, vs $393 last year at GoDaddy.
- Matt.net – Sold recently at Flippa for $11,501, vs $2,400 in 2008 at NameJet. The new owner is under privacy protection, but they put their picture up with the placeholder that is live:
- OnlineKasino.de – Sold recently for $13,599 at Sedo, vs $37,737 in 2006 at Sedo. I suspect the domain has traded a time or two since 2006, but someone ate a huge loss.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.