Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- BroadSpectrum.com sold for 75,000 USD on 2015-07-12 at DomainMarket, vs 3,250 USD on 2007-07-31 at Afternic. Picked up by Mike Mann back in 2007 and sold through his DomainMarket.com. Although a Domain Market lander is still live, this domain appears to be an upgrade from BroadSpectrum.com.au. Whois shows a TransfieldServices.com email address, and that company has a subsidiary named Broad Spectrum, and a screenshot of their .com.au is below.
- DIFF.com sold for 8,000 USD on 2015-07-10 at Sedo, vs 1,205 USD on 2012-03-29 at GoDaddy.
- HotelApps.com sold for 6,199 USD on 2015-07-10 at Sedo, vs 404 USD on 2013-06-12 at GoDaddy.
- HVZ.com sold for 12,400 USD on 2015-07-15 at NameJet, vs 4,700 USD on 2007-04-13 at Afternic. According to NameBio, this is the lowest priced LLL.com since XVZ.com sold for $11,000 back in April of this year at NameJet.
- IAS.com sold for 30,001 USD on 2015-07-11 at NameJet, vs 27,300 USD on 2014-08-06 at NameJet. You don’t see alot of LLL.com flops in this market, but there are two today. Assuming a 15% commission at NameJet, the owner lost nearly $2,000.
- ISU.com sold for 25,000 USD on 2015-07-16 at NameJet, vs 23,000 USD on 2011-05-05 at Sedo. Another nearly $2k loss, assuming 15% commissions.
- BusinessGrants.com sold for 10,600 USD on 2015-07-14 at NameJet, vs 30,100 USD on 2013-12-03 at NameJet.
- WebGreetings.com sold for 510 USD on 2015-07-11 at GoDaddy, vs 9,431 USD on 2008-06-16 at Sedo.
- SexShows.com sold for 40,000 USD on 2015-07-10 at Sedo, vs 55,000 USD on 2008-05-23 at Moniker. I hear there is alot of free porn on the internet….which may impact the value of these types of domains. The domain currently forwards to AmateurCams.com, which is NSFW.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.