Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- Mable.com sold recently for 7,100 USD at NameJet, vs 2,410 USD on 2011-08-08 at NameJet. Appears to have been picked up by Media Options. Andrew Rosener has stated he likes first names, and he bought Susan.com for $34,000 at the NamesCon auction earlier this year, and I believe he sold Marc.com towards the end of last year.
- OF.org sold recently for 10,601 USD at Flippa, vs 8,000 USD on 2014-11-12 at Sedo. A placeholder says it’s the future home of the Online Foundation. “Privacy and Security in the Digital Age”
- PJ.org sold recently for 10,001 USD at NameJet, vs 3,500 USD on 2013-04-11 at NameJet.
- 44477.com sold recently for 7,000 USD at NameJet, vs 4,598 USD on 2015-04-29 at Sedo. A quick flip……less than two months after it was picked up at Sedo. Assuming 15% commissions, they made about $1,350, or 29%.
- NoseJobs.com sold recently for 15,000 USD at NameJet, vs 33,633 USD on 2011-08-05 at NameJet. Picked up by DHARSHINEE NAIDU, and they have the domain redirected to a nose jobs page on their WN.com site. They did something similar with their NamePlates.com acquisition.
- GameCoins.com sold recently for 2,938 USD at GoDaddy, vs 10,500 USD on 2011-01-22 at Sedo.
- DrDavid.com sold recently for 2,500 USD at NameJet, vs 4,400 USD on 2012-07-18 at NameJet.
- SoundUp.com sold recently for 2,750 USD at GoDaddy, vs 18,209 USD on 2006-01-31 at Sedo. That’s a whopper of a loss.