DomainShane’s Picks for the 2012 T.R.A.F.F.I.C Live Auction Power.com Will Sell
It’s the he auction we’ve all been waiting for all summer. The auction that is going to change the way all auctions are run from this point on. While it may not do all that, it does look like the auction is going to do well and I’ll tell you why. Rick has brought in the big boys to make sure that some of these names move. Big boy names and big boy buyers. I also think power.com will sell. This alone will make the auction a success. Exactly like I predicted for social.com, it may not sell at the auction reserve, I feel it will change hands as a result of it being listed. I’ve spent several days looking over the list and here are are my picks of the names that I think will not only sell but should do quite better than the reserve.
32. Trading.tv Under $12,500 Trading translates well to video and this industry has a ton of money. Because of volatility, trading is back into fashion.
34. FloridaBeaches.com;FLBeaches.com;FLABeaches.com Reserve under $100,000 I think the first name will be the name people want with the others being throw ins. Helps there is a big Florida contingent at the auction.
77. Movies.xxx Reserve under $500,000 They’re looking for movies and videos. This one pays for the boat.
61. Power.com Reserve $3MM Best name in the auction by far. With electrical deregulation and the ability to resell power, I think this has a value up there with some of the big tech names. Billion dollar industries can afford million dollar names
84. FreshVegetables.com Reserve under $10,000 Fresh is usually reserved for local but certainly can be promoted through this nice domain.
99. Organic.info Reserve under $10,000 I can’t believe I’m listing a dot info but I think it will sell. Organic is such a strong keyword that even with dot info it is of high value.
106. Siesta.com Reserve under $35,000 Great brand that is good for both English and Spanish speakers. I think this one sells easily
110. 689.com and 002.com Reserve under $20,000 Not sure if the reserve is for the pair but if they come together the price will easily be attained.
114. Tumors.com Reserve under $50,000 Cancer domains have huge CPCs and thought the reserve would be double this.
119. Cheese.com Reserve $1MM I not going to say this one sells as I don’t feel it’s a million dollar name BUT it is priced under what a national commercial costs so relatively speaking it’s a better buy than a 30 second spot.
50. VinylAlbums.com NO RESERVE I realize that all the no reserves will sell but this is one is a decent name. I’d rather have vinyl or albums but we are talking a different amount of zeros on the end.
And what would my pick without questions. I question the reserves or the placement of these names in the Big Auction. I realize some of these paid to play here but I don’t think they belong. No offense to the owners and I hope they prove me wrong.
Pitshop.com Trade the h to t and you have a nice name.
iCabin and iCamps I know they are no reserve and give everyone a chance to bid but of a different class than the other names. Actually none of the “I” names do anything for me.
forSale.mobi Dot mobi? Really?
MP3PlayerAccessories.com I get keyword domains, I really do. I just think $40K is about $37K too high.
FamiliesOnline.com and FamiliesOnline.mobi Reserve under $85,000 I’m missing something here
CamQuarter.com Again, missing something here. Anything is possible but don’t see the value here.
And because I am full service , here are my picks for the first foods to be completely eaten from the auction buffet. You might get these on your first plate.
Sea Salt and Caramel Popcorn
Dipped Chocolate Marshmallows
Prosciutto di Parma