It was sloooooow, particularly compared to Q1 acquisitions.
The primary reasons include (1) I consistently got outbid, and (2) my day job was crushing me, so I didn’t take the time to focus nearly as much on domains.
Below is a sample of my acquisitions from the second quarter of this year.
Handful of CCC.com Domains
- Including a few NLL.com which I’ll hold onto for awhile, and a few LNL and NLN which I’ll flip. The majority were acquired from a seller I’ve been buying from for a couple years. Extremely liquid.
- I’m not much of a “-ing” domain fan, but the price was right for this one, I like the root keyword of “tranport”, and I like the $5+ CPC and 10,000+ searches per month, per Estibot.
- Car / truck / freight transport and logistics are big business, and there are some “transport” domain comps to support that, such as BoatTransport.com for $16,000 last year, and CarTransport.com for $85,400 in 2012. Of course, those are apples / oranges comparisons.
- There are many companies that use “transporting” in their domain name and might be looking for an upgrade some day, such as BMTransporting.com, BruneiTransporting.com, PrestigeTransporting.com, and many more.
- It’s a flexible one word domain that I believe could be used for anything from security, to mystery, to health, and more.
- I’d rather have the singular, but it sold for $67,500 back in 2012 and the site is developed and raised $3 million in funding earlier this year.
- There are many other sites which use ‘shadow’ in their domain and may be seeking an upgrade some day, such as DigitalShadows.com which raised $8 million in funding earlier this year, and ShadowNetworks.com which has raised over $20 million.
You’re welcome to share any of your recent acquisitions, or critique my short list above.