Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Select.com for $120,000
- An upgrade from SelectStaff.com. “Founded in Santa Barbara, California in 1985, The Select Family of Staffing Companies is one of the nation’s top 10 staffing agencies” Alexa rank near 2.7 million.
2. FashionWeeks.com for $45,000
- Acquired by the company that also owns the singular FashionWeek.com, but they’ve oddly chosen to have the plural redirect to another site of theirs – FashionOne.com.
“FASHION AND ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL
ONE WORLD, ONE NETWORK
Launched in April 2010, Fashion One is distributing to over 120 countries worldwide. Fashion One Has reached over 100 million worldwide.”
2. FreeBackup.com for $45,000
- No site resolves……a redirection error shows up for me. Owned by Fiorentino Media, a direct response company based in Portland.
4. ZooZoo.com for $44,000
- The traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 350,000. A Swedish-language eCommerce site is live……serving all your pets’ needs.
5. CRME.com for $35,000
- Redirects to Aeoflex.com. Aeoflex is an IT company which does some CRM software work.
6. SchoolWebsite.com for $30,800
- An upgrade from the .co.uk. I had no idea there was such a specialization, but their domain describes exactly what they do….they focus on building school websites. “Where creativity and technology come together to form the UK’s most successful agency in providing school web design, mobile, apps, social media & digital marketing to the education sector.”
7. FuelCalculator.com for $25,000
- An interesting acquisition by publicly traded tire company Bridgestone, this domain redirects to a calculator on their site, “Based on the type of vehicle you drive and the average cost of fuel in your area, we can calculate the average estimated savings you’ll benefit from when you switch to Ecopia tires.”
8. iPark.com for $23,000
- This isn’t of the domain parking variety. A rebrand from NYC-based Imperial Parking, “Imperial Parking Systems now iPark has been in the parking business for over 60 years.” “With over 100 parking facilities in New York – and still growing – this Company is one of the most dynamic in the industry.”
8. SuperStep.com for $23,000
- An upgrade from the .com.tr. The Turkish-language eCommerce footwear shop.
10. SocialData.com for $20,000
- Based in Australia, “SocialData is made up of a unique group of experts. We are a team of data analysts, software developers and user experience architects who are dedicated to creating a platform which allows organisations to get the most out of their data.”