Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. 100.com for $950,000
- Developed as a Chinese-language online education portal. Owned by YY Inc., a publicly traded company with a market cap near $3.5 billion. Traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 110,000.
2. 0060.com for $120,848
- Another Chinese language education site, with this one being owned by “Jiangxi Sanluling Education Investment Co. Ltd.” No Alexa rank, so this one hasn’t taken off like 100.com.
3. WebMeeting.com for $40,000
- Domain is parked and under privacy protection. Alexa rank near 5 million.
4. Dental.ca for $22,600
- Domain is parked, and owned by an individual in Vancouver.
5. Copella.com for $20,000
- Domain is parked and under privacy protection. Per Wikipedia, it’s the name of a fruit juice company in the UK, and a type of fish.
5. ProjectBook.com for $20,000
- Another one parked, under privacy protection.
7. VitaminBox.com for $14,500
- Parked, owned by an individual in Missouri.
8. CommonCoreStandards.com for $13,500
- “an educational resource for teachers, principals, schools, and districts that offers high quality Common Core Worksheets, Activity Centers, Posters, and Workbooks that align specifically with the Common Core State Standards.” Alexa rank near 8 million.
9. ArtOfIndia.com for $13,000
- Parked and under privacy protection.
10. Manganese.com for $12,050
- Yet another domain that is parked…..sadly making it 7 out of 10 for this week’s list…..with those 7 domains totaling around $140,000 in purchase prices.