Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
Big VC money this week…..companies behind three of the domains have raised a total of nearly a quarter billion (that’s right, a “B”) in capital.
1. Hot.com for $850,000
2. Finances.com for $500,000
- “Finances is a financial news portal founded in 2013 providing late breaking news, technical and fundamental analysis on the worlds financial markets” Acquired by “Finances International Ltd” per their press release. Alexa rank near 285,000.
2. Housing.com for $500,000
- An upgrade from Housing.co.in, “India’s First Map Based Real Estate Portal“, but they have plans to go global.The company has raised just under $40 million in VC funding. Traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 4,100.
- Interesting to see that when they announced their domain acquisition, they also announced a phone number acquisition at an equivalent price. That’s right, they paid around $500,000 for the phone number 03-333-333-333.
4. Moneta.com for $150,000
- An upgrade from Moneta.ru, which is where this domain is redirected. A PayPal wannabe, “the system for instant secure payments in Internet”. Alexa rank near 3.1 million.
5. Emancipated.com for $30,000
- The under construction page is below. Owner under privacy protection.
6. LT.org for $26,000
- Parked, owned by an individual in Germany that also owns LatestThinking.net/org/info, but none are developed.
7. Gett.com for $25,000
- Gett.com is the US-based domain for the international company GetTaxi. “Gett is a simpler, faster way to order a black car from your iPhone, Android or Blackberry.” Has raised over $200 million in venture funding. “#1 International player in transportation on demand, and just second after Uber globally. GetTaxi is the largest international player by revenues among all of its direct competitors, its larger than Lyft and several times bigger than: Hailo, MyTaxi and others.” Alexa rank near 500,000.
8. Lolo.com for $21,000
- Parked, owner under privacy protection.
9. DailyDeals.de for $20,237
- Placeholder is below. Owner has a DailyDeals.nl email address.
10. GetCoupons.com for $20,000
- Parked. Interesting to see the buyer is the owner of the great domain Get.com, which is developed and offers ways to get credit cards, insurance, and yes, how to get coupons.
10. JustLikeMe.com for $20,000
- An upgrade from the .fr. Per a rough translation, “The first social platform crowdfunding free. Medical, social, cultural … love is help.“
10. OneMonth.com for $20,000
- Coding and web applications: “Learn faster. In just 30 minutes a day, for 30 days you can get the skills to launch your career“. Raised just over $750k in funding earlier this year. Alexa rank near 40k.