Listed below are updates to the top ten domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Intranet.com for $160,000
- Parked domain with an Alexa rank near 375,000. Owned by Original Web Ventures (at Original.com), which is based in Ottawa, Canada. “Our specialty is in domain names from the branding and investment perspective. We own thousands of premium generic domains such as reggae.com, franc.net, gofish.com and plan on acquiring more.”
2. Sale.co.uk for $60,000
- An acquisition by the owners of the developed and popular Sale.de, and it’s being utilized to expand into Great Britain. A good story on the background of the domainers that acquired the domain is here. Alexa rank just under a million.
3. Hornet.com for $27,000
- Owned by technology company “Systems House Business Partners” of Moscow, per Whois, and it’s a Russian-language site.
4. Broadstone.com for $22,000
- An upgrade from BroadstoneRE.com. RE for real estate…..the company “is a full-service real estate company that serves as the sponsor of two private real estate offerings and manages commercial and residential properties across 31 states”.
5. SmartFleet.co.uk for $17,280
- An additional domain for the company behind SmartFleetSolutions.com, which is where this domain is redirected, although only if you type in the leading “www.” —- the redirect doesn’t work without it. “the preeminent automotive supply company in the UK”
6. AddLink.com for $15,000
- No site resolves, and the owner is under privacy protection.
6. Media.info for $15,000
- A new home for Media UK, which used to reside on MediaUK.com. “The free media information website.” Traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 215,000.
8. NuclearReactor.com for $13,000
- Parked domain, owned by an individual in Orlando, FL. The same owner controls over 400 domains, per Whoisology, including names such as ThermoNuclear.com, NuclearPowerPlants.com, NukePower.com, NuclearStorage.com, and more.
9. Tetatet.com for $12,200
- No site resolves.
10. CatchMeUp.com for $11,300
- Parked, owned by “LP Idea Incubator” of Austin, TX.